Stay-or-leave, site selection and lease negotiation for Kuehne+Nagel
Board members and employees who have been working at Kuehne+Nagel for a long time have long forgotten the disadvantages of their outdated and dark working environment. For new employees, however, the location, the condition of the buildings and the quality of the working environment did not meet their expectations at all.
High time for action. The approaching end date of their lease contract eventually became the trigger to contact Freestone for a stay-or-leave analysis. It soon became clear that there were better alternatives for Kuehne+Nagel to make a leap forward in terms of work environment and housing.
PROJECT DATA SHEET
- Customer: Kuehne+Nagel
- Project: Stay-or-leave & site selection
- Timing: 2014 - 2015
- Location: Antwerp
- Size: 2,560 m²
After a thorough market screening, the Post X site near Berchem station turned out to be the best option. Thanks to more efficient use of space, Freestone succeeded in offering a more qualitative working environment with almost the same number of m² - which can also accommodate the future growth of Kuehne + Nagel.
Freestone negotiated a nice design budget with the owner of the building and also obtained a rent-free period. The Freestone project manager also took on the implementation of the new working environment. From the preparation of specifications, the selection of suppliers and site follow-up to relocation assistance.
- Preparing a future spatial and technical needs program
- SWOT-analysis of the current offices and working environment
- Defining stay-or-leave business case
- Screening and evaluating possible alternative offices
- Site selection, lease negotiation and drawing up of new lease agreement
- Projectmanagement interior design and move management
Want to know more about stay-or-leave analysis?