Cookies are small text files that are placed on a computer’s hard disk the moment someone visits a website. The data is used for analysing visitor behaviour and click behaviour on the website. Freestone uses that information to improve the website’s functionality and to enhance the visitors’ ease of use. The data is anonymised where possible and not shared with third parties. The cookies are not used to establish a visitor’s browsing behaviour on other websites.
Cookies can be placed by Freestone (‘first party cookies’) or by third parties (‘third-party cookies’). They may be of a temporary nature (‘session cookies’, which disappear when you close your browser session) or permanent (‘permanent cookies’, which remain on your computer until you remove them yourself).
There are different types of cookies.
- Many of these, the so-called functional session cookies, are used to ensure that your visit to the website runs smoothly. For instance: cookies are used to provide certain services or to store settings, such as your preferences (e.g. language).
- Strictly necessary cookies. As the name suggests these cookies are strictly necessary for browsing the website or using certain functionality.
- Tracking cookies. These are cookies that will follow and monitor your behaviour on the website, for instance to offer personalised ads based on your browsing behaviour.
- Analytical cookies/performance cookies. These cookies are used to prepare statistics of the browsing behaviour of visitors of a website. They ensure that a better user experience can be offered. For instance, these cookies analyse the total time of visits, the number of visitors, frequency of page visits, order, etc.
- And finally, there are third-party cookies. As indicated above, these are cookies that are placed on our website by third parties. For information about these cookies you need to consult the related statements provided by these parties on their own websites.
List of cookies used on Freestone’s website:
- CRAFT_CSRF_TOKEN: for Craft
- CraftSessionId: for Craft
- _ga: to transmit data for Google Analytics
- _gid: to transmit data for Google Analytics
- pongping-statement: to store the choice of the cookie statement
- Chrome cookie settings: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
- Internet Explorer cookie settings: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Firefox cookie settings: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer
At the start of your visit a bar at the bottom of each page offers you the option of either accepting or refusing cookies.
If you wish to manage your cookie settings later on, for instance if you want to disable cookies or receive a warning if a cookie is being installed, you can do so in the browser settings of the relevant browser (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, etc.) or opt to permanently delete your browser history.
Freestone uses Google Analytics to monitor how the website is used and how effective Freestone’s AdWords ads are in the Google search results.
- Toezichthoudende autoriteit: Beroepsinstituut van Vastgoedmakelaars, Luxemburgstraat 16B te 1000 Brussel
- Erkende vastgoedmakelaar-bemiddelaar in België, BIV-nummer 512195 vertegenwoordigd door Geert Claus
- Collectieve polis via BIV: BA en borgstelling via NV AXA Belgium (polisnr. 730.390.160)
- BIV-plichtenleer: https://www.biv.be/plichtenleer