Stay-or-leave, site selection and lease management for Wabco
The lease contract of Wabco expired after 9 years. And the needs of the company had also evolved considerably over the years. The ideal time to thoroughly examine their current location. Freestone investigated to what extent the current building still met the company's future needs.
Wabco is one of the world's leading suppliers of electronic systems for the safety of commercial vehicles. The Freestone team prepared a stay-or-leave analysis for Wabco, scanned the market for a suitable new business location and then negotiated a new lease.
PROJECT DATA SHEET
- Customer: Wabco
- Timing: 2014 - 2015
- Project: Stay-or-leave, site selection and lease management
- Size: 3890 m²
Freestone initially negotiated a temporary extension for the existing location - with an additional saving on the rental price. Then the study to a new location started. Based on the analysis by Freestone, Wabco selected the Glaverbel building as qualitative new accommodation. Moreover, a considerable saving of 36% was achieved.
- The preparation of a future spatial and technical needs program
- A SWOT analysis of the current offices and working environment
- The preparation of a stay-or-leave business case
- A screening and evaluation of possible alternative offices
- Site selection, lease negotiation and the drafting of the new lease agreement
Want to know more about stay-or-leave, site selection or lease management?